West New Bern’s location is close to everything, yet away from it all! New Bern presents incredible shopping,
dining and entertainment opportunities. When you choose to venture outside the city, there is much to enjoy.
New Bern, the sister city of Bern, Switzerland, is a city resplendent with historic tradition and modern conveniences. The downtown offers a taste of casual fare, craft brew pubs and fine dining establishments. If shopping is your bag, New Bern is home to many specialty shops and boutiques. For cultural pursuits, art galleries and museums provide sights to behold.
The New Bern River Walk is the perfect setting for a walk, jog or bike ride along the scenic Trent and Neuse Rivers convergence. During your trek, you will likely encounter one of the 60 themed bears (bear is translated to Bern in Swiss) located throughout the city.
For the outdoor enthusiast, New Bern offers an abundance of recreational options sure to please. Whether you love being on the water or prefer waterside activities, New Bern boasts amazing opportunities for boating, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, picnicking and more.
Located just six miles west of New Bern’s historic downtown, West New Bern presents an accessible location ideally situated at the crossroads of N.C. Highway 43 and U.S. Highway 70 (Future I-42).
Did You Know? New Bern Is:
- North Carolina’s original state capital
- The birthplace of Pepsi-Cola
- Home to author Nicholas Sparks
- Ranked as one of the best places to start a business in North Carolina
- A Top 10 Coastal Town for retirement affordability
- Designated a Certified Retirement Community
- Accessible to three military stations (Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point in Havelock, Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base Camp in Jacksonville and Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in Goldsboro)
Beyond the city of New Bern, there is so much that awaits you close by. Whether you dream of a day at the beach, exciting city nightlife or anything in between, West New Bern’s location makes your dream a reality. In addition to dining, shopping, attractions and museums, the surrounding areas further enhance the West New Bern location.
Arts & Entertainment