West New Bern presents amazing opportunities beyond residential living. In the first two phases, a variety of parcel sizes and zoning are available. Whether you seek acreage for retail, restaurant, office, school or entertainment, each site features frontage on N.C. Highway 43 and direct access to U.S. Highway 70 (Future I-42).
The community is surrounded by some of the area’s largest employers and supporting businesses, with approximately 45% of the employment base commuting into Craven County. The sites will serve employers adjacent to West New Bern and tourism traffic on U.S. Highway 70/Future Interstate 42.
Available parcels may be subdivided for users. On the west side of N.C. 43, the parcel offers up to 30 acres for retail and over three acres for an outparcel. The west side also includes the new North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles and Driver’s License Office.
The three parcels on the east side of N.C. 43 offer great flexibility for use. With a total of over 43 acres, possibilities include retail, office, school or other commercial establishment with remarkable proximity to the residences of West New Bern.
Within a five-mile radius, there are approximately 19,400 residences, over 26,000 employees and 15,000 curriculum and workforce training students. Currently, no sufficient retail services exist to serve these immediate residences and employees.
West New Bern’s location and residence capacity supports the following retail goods, services and entertainment options:
• Convenience store with gas station
• Full-service grocery store
• Oil change/vehicle maintenance service store
• Full-service bank branch with ATM
• Sporting goods store, catering to the outdoor enthusiast including hunting, fishing and boating
• Movie complex; other indoor entertainment
• Cellphone/electronics store
• Men’s and women’s clothing stores; shoe stores
• Restaurant with bar; fast-food restaurants
• Walk-in medical clinic; retail pharmacy
• Doctors’ office
• Insurance agency
At West New Bern, amazing opportunities await for a variety of businesses to provide products and services to the destination community and the surrounding area.